Considering how many times I have made this particular change to Windows 8 I should have blogged about this a year ago!
I like to hibernate my laptop – it seems less risky than sleeping and means that when I need to quick start to the day I get one.
For some reason the ability of easily hibernating a machine has been removed from Windows 8. If, like me, you want to continue to use the hibernation feature then you can follow these steps for enabling hibernation:
- Click Win+W to open Search Settings
- Type in “power”
- Select ‘Change what power buttons do’ to open Power Options
- Click ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’
- Scroll down to Shutdown settings
- Check the ‘Hibernate’ check box
- Click ‘Save Changes’